Pet Memorial Quotes, Verses & Poems
beautiful and sincere phrases to add to a pet memorial
It’s impossible to forget a pet that gave you precious memories. pets bring so much happiness and unconditional love to our lives that it can be truly heartbreaking when they pass away.
If love had the power to save someone, they would live forever. Although we can’t help our loved ones live forever, they will always live in our hearts forever. A personalized pet memorial is a great way to celebrate their lives. after all, an incredible pet deserves an incredible legacy.
at mms memorials, we understand the pain you are going through. In this article, we’ve collected heartfelt quotes, poems, and verses that might help you choose the perfect inscription for your pet’s memorial. Read on to find the perfect quote to commemorate and honor your friend.
pet memorial epitaph phrases
These inscriptions are short and are typically used on an urn, headstone, or pet memorial. some of the common introductory inscriptions are:
- until we meet again
- in memory of
- remembering our dear friend
- dear memories of
- my beautiful boy/girl
- our beautiful boy/girl
- in loving memory
- much loved never forgotten
- always in our hearts
- faithful companion
- my best friend
- friends forever
- forever missed
- sometimes the smallest things take up the most space in your heart
- You are my favorite hello and my most difficult goodbye
- my heart will always carry the footprints left by you
- no matter how bad my day was, you always made me smile
- no longer by my side but forever in my heart
- you have left footprints in our hearts that will last a lifetime
- the song has ended but the melody continues
- Don’t cry because it’s over; smile because it happened – dr. seuss
- you still live in the hearts and minds of the loving family you left behind
- I crossed the rainbow bridge knowing that I was loved.
- “heaven is the place where all the dogs you’ve ever loved come to greet you.”
- until the day we meet again at the rainbow bridge.
- and tonight I’ll fall asleep, with you in my heart
- they lived, they loved, they purred
- Don’t worry about losing me, for I will never stray. Let me caress your heart and I’ll stay forever.
- “time spent with cats is never wasted”. -sigmund freud
- “what greater gift than the love of a cat?” -charles dickens
- “a meow is a message for the heart”. -stuart mcmillan
- “Kittens are angels with whiskers.” – alexis flora hope
- “no one can truly understand the bond we form with the cats we love until they experience the loss of one.” – unknown
- “sometimes we are not meant to forget someone, and we continue to live a little more empty”. – leo christopher
- “I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become his visible soul.” – jean cocteau
- “how lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.” -winnie the pooh
- “whisper I love you to a butterfly, and it will carry your message to heaven.”
verses for dog memorials
heartfelt verses for a cat memorial
pet loss poems
Poems can communicate intense emotions and feelings that cannot be expressed in words.
The loss of a pet is a difficult time. nothing can prepare us for loss and nothing can really comfort us while we grieve. a poem can make it easier to articulate when we are struggling with pain. here are some poems that can help you express your feelings.
a bridge called love
takes us back to brighter years, happier sunny days, and precious moments that will be with us forever.
and these pleasant memories are treasured in the heart to always bring us closer to those from whom we had to separate.
There is a bridge of memories from earth to heaven above…it keeps our loved ones close to us. it is the bridge that we call source of love – unknown
don’t cry for me when I’m gone
So even if I give you my whole heart, the time will come when we must part. but around you, you will see, creatures that speak to you about me; a tired horse, a hunted thing, a sparrow with a broken wing. pity – and help (I know you will) and somehow, I’ll be with you still; And I will know, even though I’m gone, the love I gave you persists. source – unknown
your journey has just begun
don’t think of her as gone, her journey has just begun, life has so many facets, this land is only one.
think of her resting from sorrows and tears in a place of warmth and comfort where there are no days or years.
Think about how he must be wishing that we could know today how nothing but our sadness can really go away.
and think of her living and think of her living in the hearts of those she touched, for nothing they love is lost, and she was loved so much.source: ellen brenneman
don’t stand by my grave and cry
Don’t stand on my grave and cry, I’m not there; I do not sleep. I am a thousand winds that blow, I am the diamond sparkles in the snow, I am the sun in the ripe grain, I am the soft autumn rain. When you wake up in the morning hushi I am the fast uplifting torrent of silent birds in circular flight. I am the soft stars that shine at night. don’t stand on my grave and cry, I’m not there; I didn’t die.
death is nothing
death is nothing at all. does not count. I just slipped into the next room.
everything remains exactly as it was. I am me, and you are you, and the old life that we lived together so lovingly remains intact, unchanged. what we were to each other, we still are.
call me by the old familiar name. talk about me in the easy way you always used. don’t put any difference in your tone. don’t use a forced air of solemnity or sadness.
laugh like we always laughed at the little jokes we enjoyed together. play, smile, think of me, pray for me. may my name always be the household word it always was. that is spoken effortlessly, without the ghost of a shadow hanging over it.
Life means everything it ever meant. It’s the same as it always was. there is an absolute and unbroken continuity. what is this death but a trifling accident?
Why should I be out of my mind because I’m out of sight? I’m just waiting for you, for an interval, somewhere very close, just around the corner.
everything is fine. nothing is hurt; nothing is lost. A brief moment and everything will go back to the way it was before. how we will laugh at the trouble of parting when we meet again!
just this side of the sky is a place called the rainbow bridge.
When an animal that has been especially close to someone here dies, that pet goes to the rainbow bridge. there are meadows and hills for all our special friends so they can run and play together. there is plenty of food, water and sun, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
all the animals that had been sick and aged are restored to health and vigour; those who were injured or maimed are healed and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times past. the animals are happy and content, except for one little thing; each misses someone very special to them, whom they had to leave behind.
they all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. his bright eyes are attentive; His eager body shudders. He suddenly starts running from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.
They’ve seen you, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you join in a joyous reunion, never to be apart again. happy kisses rain on your face; your hands caress the beloved head again, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so far from your life but never absent from your heart.
then they cross the rainbow bridge together…
source – unknown
https://www.familyfriendpoems.com/poem/death-is-nothing-at-all-by-henry-scott-holland https://www.familyfriendpoems.com/poem/do- not-stand-by-my-grave-and-weep-by-mary-elizabeth-frye https://www.usurnsonline.com/grief-loss/pet-loss-quotes-poems-verses/ https://www .joincake.com /blog/pet-memorial-sayings/ https://www.sympathymessageideas.com/pet-loss-poems/