really cool black cat names wanted
Choosing good names for black cats isn’t always the easiest thing in the world, as there seems to be extra pressure when your new feline friend has dark fur. What exactly is it that makes us so perplexed when naming a black cat? is it the color itself? after all, there is so much fear and uncertainty associated with the color of the night.
I think it’s the story of the black cat itself: there’s a lot of rhetoric associated with witchcraft and bad luck. if we also take into account the nature of the cat, an elegant and beautiful killer of small animals that somehow knows it is better than humans, then we have a unique animal that makes choosing a name a daunting task.
Hopefully, the black cat names below will make the choice a little easier for you. i wish i had a list like this about 15 years ago when i first got my shamrock, a bombay cat who lived for almost 18 years. I named her within an hour and regretted the name after a few days, although I did eventually like it. maybe that’s the way it was supposed to be all along? good luck choosing a good name for your pet that will look after you for years to come.
cool and creative names for black cats that will stand out from the rest
13 Black Cat Breeds: Black Cat Name Ideas Can Come From the Breed Itself
I’ve felt cats rubbing their faces against mine and touching my cheek with carefully sheathed claws. these things, to me, are expressions of love.
— james herriot
tips for coming up with a unique name for your black cat
- Most people only focus on single word names. If this is your strategy, try researching the history of the race you own to find something more unique and unusual related to its role throughout its history. many important and powerful people have had felines.
- two word names will definitely give you something different from the norm, as most homeowners don’t go in that direction. You can even shorten the two-word name into a one-word name if you want. still, chances are you’ll end up with something unique for your feline friend.
- Interacting with your new kitty should give you plenty of time to get some clues about a name. the way he or she acts may inspire you for a new nickname. For example, if your new pet is especially lazy, you could name it after a character like “the guy” with the big lebowski.
- The most helpful tip I’ve ever received for coming up with creative pet names is not to pick too quickly. take a few days and make a list of possibilities; don’t worry if your list has more than one page. After enough time has passed, systematically go through your list and start crossing off names until you pick your top ten favorites. now the choice must be made.
- hocus pocus binx (a witch’s best friend?).
- coraline’s cat (the cat himself said he didn’t have a name and didn’t need one).
- felicia hardy from the spiderman comic.
- felix the cat.
- isis from star trek episode “assignment: earth”.
- lucifer from cinderella.
- Pluto from “The Black Cat” by Edgar Allan Poe; You’ve got guts naming your new pet that, as anyone who reads the story will attest.
- salem from sabrina the teenage witch.
- scratchy from the simpsons cartoon.
- simpsons snowball ii.
- t’challa is the black panther character from the fantastic four comics.
- winky from escape to witch mountain.
- Having a feline friend can reduce the risk of heart attack or stroke by a third.
- a group of cats is called a “clowder” (although the chances of hearing this term in public are pretty unlikely).
- Have you ever wondered why cats climb trees so much? The answer is that all of a cat’s claws point in the same direction. that’s why they can’t head down as easily as they went up; however, they can go back if they wish.
- Cats developed meows to communicate with humans. you rarely hear adult cats meow to each other.
- Both humans and cats have similar areas in their brains that are responsible for emotions. dogs don’t I wonder if that helps or stops cats from being better pets. this could also explain why cats are more difficult to “handle” than other animals.
- black cats are actually considered good luck in australia and the uk.
- Cats can hear about five times better than humans. pay attention when they hear something.
- They are also natural hunters and have caused the extinction of many species of birds, mammals and reptiles. anyone with a kitten knows this to be true, as they will often bring you dead things as gifts.
I think cats are spirits that come to earth. a cat, I’m sure, could walk on a cloud without going through it.
more unique black cat names
popular black cat name ideas for 2022
Of all God’s creatures, there is only one who cannot be a slave to the whip. that’s the cat. if the man could interbreed with the cat he would improve the man, but he would deteriorate the cat.
— mark two
the best names for black cats are the ones you’ve never heard of
cute names for black cats
famous names for black cats
why are black cats considered bad luck?
Dog owners will have noticed that if you give them food, water, shelter and affection, they will think you are god. while cat owners are forced to realize that if you provide them with food, water, shelter, and affection, they come to the conclusion that they are gods.
more black cat names for boys and girls
black cat facts
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and belief and is not intended to be a substitute for formal, individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2017 don
have you got any name suggestions?
don (author) from tennessee on Jan 12, 2019:
I agree! anubis is a wonderful name for a black cat. I don’t know how I missed it. Thanks for making such a valuable suggestion.
anubis on January 11, 2019:
this should be obvious!
oreo on November 23, 2018:
oreo was a black and white tuxedo cat. he was very loving and sweet as could be. that’s why I named it oreo.
cole on May 16, 2018:
a pun on “coal”.
kayleigh on Nov 4, 2017:
I love cats because they are very kind and loving
michelle on Jul 23, 2017:
My 2 year old solid black maine coon is named ozzy after ozzy osborne. lives up to that name in many, many ways.
kleervly on June 16, 2017:
my solid black maine coon name was coco. he passed away at the age of 17